Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Holley Throttle bodies ROCK!!!

  1. #11
    Inactive Member 1994GSRFL's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2000
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm very interested to know the performance difference using the 68 and 70 mm TB on SC'd GSR's. I know that throttle body upgrades are common with domestic setups that are going with SCs. I'd like to see what benefit if any they can provide for my GSR

  2. #12
    Inactive Member nicherw's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 11th, 2000
    Posts
    103
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Would these tb's be a good idea for a jrsc'd d16z6? At 6 psi?

  3. #13
    Inactive Member VaporTrail's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 26th, 2000
    Posts
    215
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Now you learned the "JG" in JG Engine Dynamics = Just Garbage. First thing you should have learned.

    ------------------
    -JG-
    -1994 Civic EX-
    -B18c, blown rings, and turbo in the near future-
    -www.vapor-trail.net-

    [This message has been edited by VaporTrail (edited January 10, 2001).]

  4. #14
    Inactive Member [MacGyver]'s Avatar
    Join Date
    January 7th, 2001
    Posts
    129
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Dynograph

    here is a dyno with the throttle body.

    no r cams, no LSD, no flywheel.

    ------------------
    Matt Hutchins
    Http://www.asrimports.com

    [This message has been edited by [MacGyver] (edited January 10, 2001).]

  5. #15
    Inactive Member nexusone's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 19th, 2000
    Posts
    405
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Let's see some dyno numbers people. wink

    I have this JG TB waiting to be installed and would like to know if it's even worth the trouble. I thought JG made nice stuff? This thing looks like crap. I polished the inside to an almost mirror finish, but it looked terrible when I got it. I'd like to send JG a big bag full of dogshit.



    ------------------
    '98 GSR JRSC with all sorts of high-performance, high-tech, overpriced stuff packed in all over the place.
    http://www.donia.org/clandestine

  6. #16
    Senior Hostboard Member JRCivic's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2000
    Posts
    3,835
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I can't wait to see the new dyno figures... now that I threw those new "R-Sticks" in so that you can get more of the volume of that manifold into each cylinder.


    ------------------

    '93 Civic Si H/B with B18C1, JRSC @ 8psi
    Best 1320: 12.68 at 110 mph

    [This message has been edited by JRCivic (edited January 10, 2001).]

  7. #17
    Inactive Member VTECPWR's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 20th, 1999
    Posts
    158
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    What are the three runs, are they tunning, just back to back to back runs, or what? Do you have a dyno showing before and after?

  8. #18
    Inactive Member VaporTrail's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 26th, 2000
    Posts
    215
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Red face

    Ack! This is a GSR? Where's the torque? Most GSR's put down in the range of at least 115-120ft/lbs. I'd be damn pissed with those numbers.

    ------------------
    -JG-
    -1994 Civic EX-
    -B18c, blown rings, and turbo in the near future-
    -www.vapor-trail.net-

  9. #19
    Inactive Member [MacGyver]'s Avatar
    Join Date
    January 7th, 2001
    Posts
    129
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    the cams gears were not set right. I had them at +4 intake -2 exhaust. Just goofing off seeing what it would do. and didnt put them back at something good. I didnt have time to dyno tune just make the 3 runs.

    Im happy with the HP #s but the torque really did disapoint me a bit.


    ------------------
    Matt Hutchins
    Http://www.asrimports.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •